Lets be honest here, there will always be that day when you got nothing to do and you’re left with that one million dollar question “What should I do now?” Here’s my top 20 list of the things I usually do.
1. Read a novel – you probably want the short one, that kind you can finish reading within three, four hours tops. Comics will do too, you might get interested with the illustrations and other visual information. You can also check out Amazon Ebook for their vast collection of Ebooks.
2. Music Trip – just listen to the song you like, sing along every-now-and-then a good way to just let the moment pass. If you’re into those trending Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Get hold of your Jam Plus Bluetooth Speaker, put that Animal and Tsunami on repeat. Or if you’ve been looking for that childhood soundtrack and for some reason couldn’t get hold of any copy you can check Music List, and see if you can find one.
3. Movie Marathon – you can choose from your Movie Collection
and just sit there while watching a movie. A documentary will suffice if you’re more into story of some aspect of reality, or for purposes of instruction or maintaining a historical record. And you can even check out those Nicholas Sparks Movies you’ve been stacking for years. Or those hilarious American Pie Movies
series. Either way, it will surely take a lot of your time.
4. Watch Your Favorite TV Series – or if you’re probably sick and tired of re-watching your favorite movie, why don’t you move your fingers and search in your files the TV series you’ve saved for the long vacation. It’s probably the best time to watch episode after episode, season after season. Say the all time favorite Friends Series.
who can resist Phoebe Buffay, Rachel Green and the rest of the group. Or you’d rather seeing Queen B and Serena of the Gossip Girl
. Or the highly acclaimed Big Bang Theory, you will surely laugh your *ss out. Personally though, I have a stack of TV series in my the likes of Prison Break, Arrow, Blacklist , Graceland, New Girl, Nikita, Revenge, Dexter my list can go on & on, I’m a sucker for TV series.
5. Window Shopping/ Online Shopping – what better way to let the time pass than going to the mall and window shop, it’s also a very effective way to relieve your stress. Or if you have budget with you, do yourself a favor and buy yourself something fancy. You can also check out some offers at Amazon with huge discounts.
6. Write a blog – for those people who have imaginative minds and like to write a lot, you can check out the internet and sign up to a blog site and start publishing your own article. You can draft anything you like, from stories of your life to you dreams. Your imagination is unlimited, it’s up to you how to make it unique as possible.
7. Read your past journals – If you had lived your earlier years writing in a journal or a diary, it’s probably the best time to read those entries and try to reminisce the feeling of being young. You might be surprise how naive you were before, and laugh at yourself as you realize how silly you were every time you spotted your first crush.
8. Dig in your photo albums when – Many people probably would agree how fun it is to look at your photos back when you were that cute, clumsy, and thin little fellow. Seeing how you transform from that lanky girl & boy to a voluptuous sexy woman and sturdy guy. Sometimes, looking at pictures can bring bad memories and makes you remember someone you once loved, but lets focus on happy memories though. (Spread good vibes)
9. Write a poem – Some people are just born to have that talent of making up poems that can touch people straight to their heart, but their are some that can write beautiful and meaningful poem specially when they are inspired and so in love or they are depress and they need to channel those unsaid words and emotion into a heartfelt literary work of art.
10. Try to draw/ sketch / paint – It’s never to late to learn how to draw or to at least try to learn how to draw. So get up, get those paint and water-color, the brushes and the palette, get your hands dirty and bring back the kid in you. Eventually you will realize how fun it is to get yourself dirty and learn at the same time. Some doodling can be fun too.
11. Good old talk with a friend – Sometimes life can get so messy and all you have left to do is to contact that person you really trust so much. A good old catching up is enough to patch the lost time. Make sure though, you’re not disturbing your friend and that like you they too have some time to spare.
12. Clean the house – funny thing sometimes, is when you got nothing to do and the boredom brings out the best in you. Like you start cleaning the entire house. From mopping the floor, to cleaning the kitchen sink, or even the bath room floor, doing your laundry, changing the sheets, taking out the garbage. This I think is the most productive way of spending your spare time.
13. Food trip – whether you’re alone or you got company, eating will always be fun. Forget the calories, forget the fats. It’s not every day you get to eat and not mind anything at all. Where there is food, there will always be that someone dozing off with full stomach.
14. Bar hopping Surely those young spirited people can relate to this, bar hopping is so much fun specially when you’re with your “Bardaka”. Who wouldn’t like going to bars after bars and explore the city. You can also organize a cocktail party at your own place, but that’s too much of a hassle you don’t want spending the day after cleaning your mess.
15. Go the mall and play at the Game Zone – good thing about malls is that they offer you awful lot of things to choose from to make you occupied. One in particular is the game zone. Some people are so hooked they even visit the mall . Ow well, good thing about the game zone is that you can interact with other people who have the same interest as you. Although some of the games in the game zone are outdated, it is still a very proper way to spend your free time at.
16. Play with your pet – It’s not every that you get to spend a bit longer time with your pet. May it be a cat or dog or what ever it is that you’re fond of, they deserve to have a quality time with you. They spend their entire day waiting for you to go home, it is just right to pamper and spoil them sometimes.
17. Work-out Easy to say but very hard to carry out. But to those who are really body conscious and cares a lot to their well-being, working out is a very effective way of staying fit by burning unwanted fats, it can also clear your mind causing a positive disposition. You can also watch Work-out Videos while you do your own sweating.
18. Go to the nearest artificial park/ forest – reunite with nature, listen to the chirping birds, the rustling sound of the tree leaves, fill your lungs with fresh air, release your worries, be one with nature.
19. Chat with friends – now that social media is on its peak, why don’t you take advantage of it and reconnect with your friends aboard. Even internet base messaging app is within your reach. Communicating with your close relatives and friends is just a Send button away.
20. Rest : Sleep/ Nap – last, but not the least. The most basic form of relaxation I suppose. Everybody deserves a break, they may say, time is very precious to be spent in the comfort of your bed. I say, enjoy! You owe it to your body, to yourself. INDULGE!
What ever it is that you decide to do on weekends, just always remember to enjoy yourself. You deserve it, after a long and stressing work week.
Photo Credits to :
farhanadhalla.com, teqnolog.wordpress.com, thelightofliterature.blogspot.com, painting.about.com, sundressesandsmiles.blogspot.com
thefeedbak.com, choukidhani.com, pets-to-me.blogspot.com
games.crossfit.com, flickr.com, m-d-s.com, onthewillows.com